Friday, November 6, 2009

Appropriate bible verse for today, I think

“And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.” (Ephesians 1:9-10) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica

His will really is a mystery. Taking my recent challenge of the flu :( as a chance to slow down and listen to His word. How can God talk to you if you are always running, hurrying, talking etc.?

Writing the earlier part of this post reminded me of my favorite bible passage of all time:

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
.

A very reassuring and loving verse I think. It means so much to me that I had Jer 29:11 a dove and an olive branch tatooed on my ankle this August. Maybe weird but I am so glad I did that.

By the way, does anyone else wish God handed out an "instruction manual" with His plan for our lives??!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear you had the flu, I think it's very cool you have a tattoo that you love and that such meaning to you. As to the instruction manual I can't help thinking that it is written in our hearts when we can get quiet enough to hear