Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Morning Prayer

This morning started with news about Health Care overhaul bill - what will it mean for our country? myself? my company?

Remembered this inspirational prayer courtesy of inspirational Michelle at work. The words seemed even more meaningful today.

O God, this morning I have come into the quietness and stillness of your presence to begin the day, so that out of this moment I may take with me a quiet serenity which will last me through the rough and tumble of this day's life.

I have come to find WISDOM, so that today I may not make any foolish mistakes.

I have come to find PEACE, so that nothing may worry or upset me all through today.

I have come to find LOVE, that all through today nothing may make me bitter or unforgiving or unkind.

I have come to begin the day with you, to continue it with you, and to end it with you, so that it will be a day which will have in it nothing to regret. Hear this morning prayer for Jesus' sake.

AMEN

Vermont Hills United Methodist Church
Portland OR

No comments: