Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Christmas People

The Christmas People Foundation was started by a Group Health employee who as a chaplain saw that the the local shelters had wonderful Thanksgiving dinners but often not so much on Christmas. They prepared and delivered 800 gourmet Christmas dinners this year.

They were cooking in a rented building about 5 minutes from the folk's house yesterday. I was able to deliver the 13 dozen cookies Diana, Jim and I made last Saturday. I was also able to provide them a beautiful poinsettia from Chris at work.

What a fun visit! I asked them lots of questions but mostly just followed them around. They were very welcoming and even insisted on taking a picture of us Group Health employees with the Poinsettia!

Santa's Christmas People elves did a fantastic job and God willing I will visit and help them again next Christmas!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I am always impressed bu all you. Making 13 dozen was a feat in itself, sharing them a wonderous gift